Like after the last Sour Solution II when we got “sick but suck” we get “SUCKSESS” after Sour Solution III. And what we get is quite nice, some more Huhta, Isaksson, Berggren & Candon. Do we need more to start this autumn season off right? We don’t think so.
Photo by Filip Erlind.
If you haven’t been to one of those you really missed out. Maybe there will be another chance in 2021? Let’s keep our fingers crossed.
Featuring: Alex & Steve Olson, Matlock Bennett-Jones, Santiago Sasson, Ville Wester, Karsten Kleppan & many more.
Remember when Chad Muska said:
“Yeah, the radio… the Ghettoblaster just is a must on the session, man!”Chad Muska, 1999, Feedback.
Well, it seems like this new generation is edging in closer to that feeling Chad had when he said that. Because Oscar Säfström basically told us the same thing:
“It was all filmed at a schoolyard in Stockholm, Sweden, me and Axel Berggren filmed, we put the speaker on full volume, cracked some beers on the spot and made this video.”Oscar Säfström, 2020.
Now, in the end, Vincent Huhta’s noseslides may not be as big and he still hasn’t landed a Nollie Flip to Wheelie but the spirit is there and it is nice to see the future taking skateboarding to a very fun level.
Shoutout to these youngsters for giving us all that let’s go skate feeling:
Oscar Säfström, Axel Berggren, Gabriel Viking, Vincent Huhta & Sebastian Lundström.
First off, let us start with some facts about this tour.
- On this trip, we had Vincent Huhta, David Jakinda, Hugo Corbin, Santiago Sasson, Marc-A Barbier & Juan Saavedra.
- It was a nine-day trip.
- We had one full dry day.
- Rotterdam, Antwerp, and Lille were the places we traveled to.
- In Holland, we stayed on a houseboat.
- We spoke a lot of our own little twisted Brazillian influenced Portuguese (or that was what we were thinking).
- Obrigado, irmao, vagundo, caralhao, poa, valeu, todo, junto, vagabundo where the words of choice.
- I got to wear that sweet ass Palace Avirex Jacket for a hot minute and flex for a bit.
- Juan Saavedra uses beard oil to keep his shit looking correct.
- Santiago did the best line we have ever seen from him. It was like a stripper jumping out of a birthday cake.
- David & Vincent are like brothers from different mothers. The only difference other than the obvious being that David packs like a Kardashian & Vincent packs like a 1920’s train-hopping blues singer.
- Marc-A Barbier really loves to facetime with his girlfriend.
- Both filmers have very similar names Petr and Peter. They also shared a bed which was easy when we needed to wake them up.
- Scandinavians are simply better at life than the rest of us.
- Hugo Corbin got injured on day one and had to go back home.
- Bringing a Nintendo Switch was necessary even though I was skeptical at first.
- Juan’s phone got stolen 🙁
- Barabakaa is a Russian street spy and he will capture anything weird going on in the streets. Trust me watch the video!
- Belgium has the best fries, Holland has the best-fried food and France thinks they have the best cheese! (I can already hear Santi, & Marc-A protesting)
- We played a lot of bar sports but surprisingly didn’t drink that much.
- Marc-A Barbier is the best house guest ever, he cleaned the boat every morning. Marc-A “Tu es bonne à marier!”
- Santiago ordered way to much Nike stuff to the house so all of our guests ended up getting a nice pre-Christmas present.
- IT RAINED 8 OUT OF 9 DAYS!
So basically this tour was preceded by some of the best weather Europe had seen in a long time. Like the year before it seemed like we would be having an almost endless summer. But as luck would have it, as the tour grew closer so did the clouds. As soon as we all arrived in Amsterdam (our meet up point) the signs weren’t good.
What was good though was the food, we went to:
- A Dutch-style snack bar. (also known in some regions of the Netherlands as brown fruit)
- We ate Surinam food.
- Iranian food.
- Indonesian food (must have).
- Belgian fries.
- Traditional Chinese food (fried pork belly!).
- Had some German meat-heavy food.
- Thai-French fusion.
- And every morning someone made sure we had fresh eggs, some juice, coffee, toast, yogurt, and Nutella.
During this trip we traveled by train, which to be honest is still the nicest way to trave because nobody is forced to drive, we didn’t have to go through security, there is enough room for all the bags and you can still buy coffee in the vehicle without stopping. Also, Greta Thunberg travels that way so…
We also have to give it up for all the great parking garages inside of the cities of Rotterdam and Antwerp. The security guards also let us have our fun so an S/O is in place!
We also had some great guests in both of those cities Pascal Moelaert, Aaron Tiekink, Sneep, Ziggy Schaap, Alex Raeymaekers, Yannick Gores & Wallem. You guys really helped guide us through the raindrops to the right spots at the right time. Without really ever complaining, chapeau!
Vincent Huhta and David Jakinda have been best friends for a long time. How far back? Well, David told me his mom used to grip Vincent’s board when he stayed over at their house when they were young.
This was their first tour together and when we asked them they both said I’ll go if he goes. Vincent even cut short a London trip just so he could come skate with David. Obviously they roomed together the entire trip and it feels like they motivated each other a lot as well not only verbally but also by actions.
When one would film a trick and was having a hard time the other usually skated the spot with him just to back him up and keep the vibe right. Which often resulted in us getting way more tricks from both of them at spots that weren’t typical. They would often make it a little sesh together and all we had to do was point and shoot.
Because of their bond, they also were at ease at almost all locations and truth be told just fun and easy to be around their friendship also extended and made us all as a group become a bit closer as well and that is worth a lot.
Last but not least all the skate shops, Ben-G, Skatestore Rotterdam, Lockwood & Zeropolis are all places that helped us and help their scenes on a daily basis. We all know that with the current situation things aren’t easy for them so don’t forget them and show them your support in both easy and hard times.
In Cooperation with Nike SB.
Photo & Video by Barabakaa.
Additional filming by Peter Buikema
This article was written by Roland Hoogwater.
Of course, some of his homeys have now become household names but the video shows that the bond is strong between these people and Stockholm as a whole seems like a pretty tight scene.
One last thing, it is not easy to change your style from video to video but with this one, we do see Sean attempting to engage in new styles to grow and that is lovely to see.
Baeonci is back with a new edit featuring all of our favorite skaters. We will be back in CPH/Malmö soon, hit our line.
Feat.: Heitor Da Silva, Ville Wester, Axel Berggren, Vincent Huhta & many more.
We told you about Henry Forsnor’s aka Baeonci’s new project he is working on. Well, that’s in the past now since it just got released. To put it into Henry’s words:
Sorry I can’t afford the fisheye.
A skateclip produced in Malmö during summer 2018.
Made by Henry Forsnor.
For business inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(In order of appearance)
Axel Berggren – @axlbbb
Axel Källmen -@axelkallmen
Elias Mensi – @elias_mensi
Hjalte Halberg – @hjaltehalberg
Fernando Bramsmark – @daaarkness
Heitor Da Silva – @heitordasilva
Oscar Säfstöm – @oskarsafstrom
Oskar Rozenberg Hallberg – @oskarrozenberg
Vincent Huhta Hasselberg – @v.uhh
S/O to the whole Malmö scene. We are watching you!
I personally neither know the crew nor have I ever been to Stockholm, but this video makes me want move there and join them. A very solid independent skate video that has the right balance between adolescent crew life and grown up skateboarding.
Featuring Charlie Kullberg, Theo Goldschmidt, Harald Nygren, Vincent Boman, Mark McCoy, Carl Mårtensson, David Stenström, Douglas Jacobsson, Nate Jensen, Matt Ransom, Victor Larsson-Ble, Hampus Jansson, Martin Sandberg, Simon Karlsson, Anthony Crawford, Mario Eriksson, Elliot Isacson, Oskar Wennberg, David Jakinda, and Vincent Huhta-Hasselberg.